Online Advertising

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cannes 2008: Tarantino Announces Next Project

News on Quentin Tarantino's long-mooted, eagerly anticipated WWII movie Inglorious Bastards has been pretty thin on the ground in the last couple of years, with the project seemingly stuck in the dreaded 'development hell' - or writing phase.

That all changed in Cannes this year, with the Pulp Fiction director telling a French TV show that Inglorious Bastards will not only be his next outing, but that filming is imminent.

He said: "The next movie I'm doing is my World War II movie. I just finished up the first draft of the script and when I go home I'll be finishing it up and if all goes well, I will be here, in Cannes, in 2009 with Inglorious Bastards!"
The title is taken from the American name given to the 1977 Italian war movie Quel maledetto treno blindato, but instead of a straight remake, Tarantino intends Inglorious Bastards to be an homage to both the movie and other war fare including The Dirty Dozen, Cross of Iron and The Great Escape .

ign.com,27/5/2008,written by Orlando Parfitt

 
Free advertising

Solar Power