Online Advertising

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Viggo Mortensen is quitting movies



Viggo Mortensen is quitting movies.

The Eastern Promises star has been left exhausted by his gruelling workload and has decided to take an indefinite break to recover.

"In the past week I've been from Los Angeles to Japan to Korea to Poland to the UK. It's ridiculous and it's not a healthy way to be. But, as it happens, I'm taking measures to change that. No more movies," he said.

"I haven't said yes to one in over a year. I've been in all these well-received movies and it seems like I should be doing some more, but there are other things I want to do. It's not the right time."

The The Lord of the Rings actor also revealed he rejected several roles in big budget movies, insisting he would never appear in a film just for the money.

"They were often complete crap, all about product placement and marketing. I don't need the money."

This isn't the first time Viggo has threatened to give up acting.

"I've made a lot of interesting movies and I've worked with some really good people. Not in a disrespectful way, but now I could kind of take it or leave it to be honest. I've felt that way for a while," said the 50-year-old star in 2008.

Source:news24.com

 
Free advertising

Solar Power